Whether you have plans to stay home this 4th of July weekend or vacation down the beach with family and friends, it’s a guarantee that you’ll be witness to a spectacular display of fireworks! Since fireworks have always been one of my favorite past times, what better way than to share some of our nation’s biggest firework shows!
- Washington, DC – Celebrate our nation’s Independence by grabbing a seat on the National Mall this weekend—fireworks will be launched from the Lincoln Memorial Reflecting Pool and brighten the sky behind the Washington Monument!
- New York City, NY – Big Apple visitors can watch 40,000 firework shells light up the night sky in a number of locations, but the Brooklyn Bridge Park is bound to be the best spot for viewers! Don’t miss Macy’s Golden Mile: a mile—long display of golden sparks that fall into the Hudson River!
- Boston, MA – Join an estimated half a million people in the city where the fight for American Independence began – Boston will send fireworks into the sky over the Charles River!
- Philadelphia, PA – In the birthplace of Independence, end Philly’s 11-day celebration, Wawa Welcome America, by enjoying a firework display and the Life, Liberty and You Concert—the “Largest Free Concert in America”—on the Benjamin Franklin parkway!
- Atlantic City, NJ – Looking for a free event this weekend? The Atlantic City fireworks festival, “We the People, By the People, For the People Fourth of July Fireworks” draws more than 250,000 people each year! Join other beach-goers on the famous boardwalk and watch NJ skies be electrified by a dazzling display of fireworks!
No matter where you plan on watching fireworks, be safe this holiday weekend! **Be sure and check out our NEW Instagram page for a look at CRBG employees’ very own recap of firework shows around the country!