Compass Rose Benefits Group (CRBG) is here to help solve the complexities of insurance. One of CRBG’s goals is to help members and interested Federal employees better understand their coverage options. As 2015 comes to a close, CRBG will wrap up the conversation by discussing frequently asked questions about the Compass Rose Health Plan discussed throughout the year.
So, let’s chat and chew about 2015’s top five health plan related questions to help clarify any confusion before the new year!
UNITEDHEALTHCARE CHOICE PLUS PPO NETWORK
UnitedHealthcare (UHC) and the Compass Rose Health Plan are two separate entities. To search for in-network providers, or to verify whether an existing provider is in-network, remember that the health plan utilizes UnitedHealthcare’s Choice Plus Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) network. Do not ask if the provider accepts the Compass Rose Health Plan.
Please note: If a member has contacted an in-network provider that states they cannot accept the Compass Rose Health Plan, they should call a Compass Rose Insurance Specialist at (866) 368-7227 (option 3). Some providers have confused the Compass Rose Health Plan with another health plan name, UHC Compass, in error.
To locate an in-network provider, members can call UMR at (888) 438-9135 or visit www.compassrosebenefits.com/UHC.
DENTAL & VISION DISCOUNT PROGRAM
Administered by: Careington International Corporation
The Compass Rose Health Plan partners with Careington to bring a national Dental and Vision Discount Program to all Compass Rose Health Plan members. Compass Rose Health Plan members and qualifying dependent(s) are automatically included in the program at no additional cost. Members can access discounts on dental and vision needs, such as teeth cleanings, x-rays, dentures, crowns, eye exams, eye glasses, Lasik and more!
- HOW DO I SEARCH FOR CAREINGTON PROVIDERS? Members can search for Careington providers in their area at www.compassrosebenefits.com/Careington.
- WHAT IS MY 4-DIGIT PIN #? To access their discount membership card, members can visit www.compassrosebenefits.com/IDcard. When prompted for a PIN number, enter 0512 and simply print the membership card.
- WHAT IS THE DISCOUNT FOR OUT-OF-NETWORK PROVIDERS? Providers MUST be in the Careington Network to receive the discounts. There is no out-of-network discount.
Members can contact Careington at (800) 290-0523 for any additional questions. Members should identify themselves as a DFG member as Careington will not be able to distinguish them by any other personal identifiers.
THE COMPASS ROSE MEMBER PORTAL
The Compass Rose Member Portal provides health plan members with the ability to search for in-network providers, compare treatment costs, as well as view Explanation of Benefits (EOBs), claims status, coverage and benefits, and plan dependents. In addition, member portal users have access to exclusive features, such as the HealthyLearn® Library and Mission Financial Solutions (MFS), which offer educational articles and interactive tools on important health and financial topics.
- HOW DO I REGISTER FOR A MEMBER PORTAL? Compass Rose Health Plan members can register for a Member Portal account at www.compassrosebenefits.com/Register.
- IS THE REGISTRATION PROCESS AUTOMATIC? For security purposes, member portal registration is NOT automatic; it could take 7-10 business days for the activation process to complete. Members will be notified via email with final instructions once their portal is active. All member portal accounts must be manually authenticated to ensure we are providing members with accurate Protected Health Information (PHI). Each individual (18 years or older) MUST register for portal access using a unique email address.
- HOW DO I VIEW MY SPOUSE / COVERED DEPENDENTS COVERAGE? Once members have gained access to their accounts, they may change their setting to allow other members covered under their Family or Self Plus One plan to view their information.
FITNESS & WELLNESS PROGRAM
Administered by: GlobalFit
Compass Rose Health Plan members have access to GlobalFit—a discount fitness and wellness program with affordable options for members to get fit, feel more energized, and live a healthier lifestyle. Through GlobalFit, members have access to discounts on gym memberships, workout DVDs, exercise equipment, and more. To enroll or learn more about this benefit, members can call a GlobalFit representative at (800) 294-1500 (option 1), or visit www.compassrosebenefits.com/GlobalFit.
Members who are considering enrolling in Medicare coverage are encouraged to read our Medicare & Me Brochure. This brochure reviews Medicare eligibility, outlines the four parts of Medicare, explains how Medicare works with the Compass Rose Health Plan, plus more. Members can also refer to their 2016 FEHB Plan Brochure under Section 9 (pages 81-88) for more information.
- WHEN IS MEDICARE THE PRIMARY PAYER? Once a member retires from the Federal government, Medicare becomes the primary health insurance. As long as a member is seen by participating Medicare providers, Medicare is typically required to pay 80% of each claim and the health plan is typically responsible for paying the remaining 20%. When Medicare is your primary payer, the Compass Rose Health Plan may waive some costs including your co-pays, deductibles, and coinsurance. Members also have lower drug prescription co-pays through their local pharmacy or the Home Delivery Program.
- WHEN IS THE COMPASS ROSE HEALTH PLAN THE PRIMARY PAYER? If either you or your covered spouse has Medicare but you are an active Federal employee, the Compass Rose Health Plan will remain your primary health insurance.
- HOW DO I FILE CLAIMS WITH MEDICARE AND COMPASS ROSE? If the Compass Rose Health Plan is your primary health insurance, the in-network provider will submit your claim(s) to us first. After paying benefits on your claim, we will send you an Explanation of Benefits (EOB). Please send the EOB and copies of all related bills to Medicare for processing. If Medicare is your primary health insurance, your provider will submit your claims directly to Medicare. In most cases, your claims will be coordinated automatically and we will provide secondary benefits for covered charges.
For questions or to enroll, members need to visit their local Social Security Administration office or call (800) 772-1213. Visit www.compassrosebenefits.com/Medicare for more information.
As we start fresh in 2016, we know that new questions will surface along the way. Don’t hesitate to contact our in-house team of Insurance Specialists, UMR (claims), or Express Scripts (prescriptions) to help answer your questions. Find contact information and more by visiting www.compassrosebenefits.com. We look forward to another year with our loyal membership and welcome new members joining us for the first time!
Photo credit: Google Images