Each January, many resolve to better themselves in some way. A much smaller percentage of people actually make good on those resolutions, while many find themselves off-target a few months later. It is hard to keep up the enthusiasm months after the confetti is gone, but not impossible. This year, make sure you stick with it.
Goal Setting Ingredients
The key ingredients for setting a goal are that it should be simple, realistic and specific. To get you started, here are some to choose from:
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Quit smoking
- Save money
Instructions for Sticking to Your Plan
- Write it down. Record your goal somewhere visible so that you see it every day. Depending on the goal, keep a journal of your progress. Continually coming back to what you want to achieve will make it harder to ignore and add accountability.
- Assign a completion date. It is important to plan how much time it could take to reach your goal. Not everything is instantaneous. It takes hard work, patience and time to accomplish what you have set out to do.
- Find the right resources or support system. Compass Rose Benefits Group strives to help its members. That is why we offer programs such as GlobalFit, which helps members achieve and maintain a healthy weight, Tobacco Cessation, which helps members quit smoking, and Mission Financial Solutions, which helps members achieve their financial goals.
To help you kick-off the new year, try this healthy appetizer at your New Year’s Eve party!
- 2 whole Roma tomatoes
- 2-3 chopped Roma tomatoes
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 yellow onion
- 3-4 Jalapenos
- 3 8oz. cans of tomato sauce
- 3 limes
- Salt and/or garlic salt (to taste)
- Black Pepper (to taste)
- Chicken Bouillon Powder (optional)
Place Jalapenos and 2 tomatoes in water and boil until soft. Drain and put in blender. Add tomato sauce, garlic cloves, and ¼ cup of cilantro. Add salt and pepper. Blend. Pour in a serving bowl. Add the chopped tomatoes and onions. Add lime juice. Stir. Add a little water if you like it soupy. Garnish with cilantro.
Here’s to your health!