2024 Compass Rose Health Plan rates and benefits are here! This year, we are proud to offer three health plan options to choose from.
Eligible federal employees and retirees can enroll in a Compass Rose Health Plan option during Federal Employees Health Benefits (FEHB) Open Season, which will run from November 13 to December 11, 2023. For the 2024 plan year, we are excited to welcome Department of Veterans Affairs employees and retirees to our plan eligibility!
Before making any decisions, learn more about what you can expect from the Compass Rose Health Plan in 2024.
New: Compass Rose Health Plan - Standard Option
We believe in providing members with high quality health care coverage for every stage of life. That’s why we are proud to announce we are offering a new Standard Option plan beginning in 2024.
The Compass Rose Health Plan Standard Option is great for those who don’t visit the doctor that often or utilize a lot of medications and are looking for basic, core benefits, like annual checkups, vaccines and screenings. The Standard Option costs less up front but has higher out-of-pocket costs throughout the year when compared to our High Option Plan.
2024 Compass Rose Health Plan Standard Option Premiums
Self Only (424)
Self +1 (426)
Self and Family (425)
Learn more about Standard Option benefits
Compass Rose Health Plan - High Option
Our High Option premiums are increasing for 2024, but still remain lower than they were in 2022.
2024 Compass Rose Health Plan High Option Premiums
Self Only (421)
Self +1 (423)
Self and Family (422)
The following benefit changes will be made to the High Option Compass Rose Health Plan for 2024:
- Pharmacy Benefits: Copayments for Formulary Preferred Brand Name Drugs (Tier 2) will increase as follows:
- 30-day Network Retail Pharmacy: $50 co-pay
- 90-day Network Retail Pharmacy & Home Delivery: $100 co-pay
In addition, High Option members with Medicare Part B as their primary payer will see a change in their prescription drug co-pays to match the co-pays High Option members pay without Medicare.
Retired members enrolled in the High Option plan as well as Medicare Parts A and B can get lower prescription drug co-pays by enrolling in Compass Rose Medicare Advantage
- Out-of-Pocket Maximums for Self Plus One and Self & Family: The out-of-pocket maximums for Self Plus One and Self & Family will increase to $9,000 in network and $11,000 out of network.
- Home Health: Prior authorization is required after the 12th home health visit as opposed to before the first visit.
Compass Rose Medicare Advantage
Retirees enrolled in our High Option plan with Medicare Parts A and B can enhance their coverage with Compass Rose Medicare Advantage, a UnitedHealthcare® Group Medicare Advantage (PPO) plan. You’ll receive the benefit of our High Option plan and Original Medicare, plus a package of benefits you won’t find anywhere else. Including a Medicare Part B premium reduction of up to $1,500 per year for both you and your enrolled spouse.
You must be enrolled in Medicare Part A and Part B and continue to pay your Part B premium as well as the Compass Rose Health Plan High Option premium to be eligible for coverage under this Medicare Advantage plan.
The following change will be made to Compass Rose Medicare Advantage for 2024:
- Over the Counter (OTC) Item Credit: Compass Rose Medicare Advantage members receive a $40 quarterly credit to use on things like toothpaste, band aids, vitamins and more. Up until now, this credit could be redeemed by ordering through a catalog. In 2024, members will receive a pre-paid card at the start of the plan year and have several options for using the $40 quarterly credit via mobile app, website, phone and in-person.
About the Compass Rose Health Plan
The Compass Rose Health Plan is designed to support you through every stage of life. We strive to provide you and your family with high-quality coverage and are committed to delivering exceptional service.
Our FEHB Plan options are open to active and retired civilian employees of the:
- Intelligence Community
- Department of Defense
- Department of Homeland Security
- Department of State
- Department of Veterans Affairs
There are many things to consider when choosing a health plan. Our plans offer competitive rates and comprehensive benefits to help take the guesswork out of insurance. Select federal employees and retirees can count on the Compass Rose Health Plan’s coverage to meet their needs, whether at home or overseas.